With our busy schedules, it’s easy to overlook recent updates concerning business insurance. We, as business professionals and entrepreneurs, are working hard to achieve the bottom line- gaining profits, and to stay abreast of the competition. Having said all of this, the following includes recent updates concerning commercial insurance in the state of Texas:
1. Appropriate coverage of Uber and Lyft drivers– with the gaps discovered with transportation networking companies, insurance laws relatable to those gaps became effective on January 1, 2016.
2. The increase in burial benefit insurance for worker’s compensation– increased from $6,000 to $10,000.
3. Financial requirements of bail bond insurers– to continue effective bail bonds’ issuance, bail bond insurers must clarify the premium receipts/service fees’ taxability.
4. Debt cancellation agreements with certain retail installment leases and contracts for vehicles– the amendment except stated in the Texas capital legislature that a retail seller may provide a retail buyer an agreement of debt cancellation which includes a waiver of guaranteed asset protection or a similar type of agreement. And furthermore, if part of the retail buyer’s responsibility towards the holder in the form of insurance coverage is required as the retail installment transaction, the asset is guaranteed.
These are just a few commercial related insurance updates. To know more concerning these and other relatable updates, InsureUS, located in Cypress, TX, is the proper place of contact. InsureUS has top notch customer service and agents who are highly trained and experienced, and they are anxiously awaiting to assist you. As stated before, they are located in Cypress, TX which is just outside Houston, Texas. They also can be contacted via email, phone, and fax. So, call them today. You’ll have a peace of mind knowing that your business is adequately covered.
There are many commonly held beliefs that get passed on from person to person regarding car insurance. While some of these beliefs have been around for decades, it does not mean they are necessarily true. Luckily, the experts at InsureUS, serving residents in Cypress, TX, are here to help. We have put together a quick list of some commonly held beliefs about car insurance that are not true.
The Color of Your Car Matters
A myth has been circulating for years that red colored cars cost more money to insure. This myth has probably started with the conception that most sports cars are red. Because sports cars are fast and the owners can be reckless, the idea is then that ANY red car will see a hike in premium. The truth of the matter is that most insurance companies will not even ask what color car you have. Companies are more concerned with knowing the year, model, engine size, and safety features the car may have.
Speeding Sports Cars
The idea that sports cars cost more to insure because the drivers of them typically get more speeding tickets is completely false. In a survey conducted, the majority of speeding tickets are dished out to people driving sedans or SUVs. In fact, on the list of the top ten cars that receive speeding tickets, there was only one sports car mentioned. Insurance rates are determined by driver history, the type of car and the features the car possesses.
Another commonly held misconception is that car thieves only want to steal new cars. While a new car may look enticing to a potential burglar, the truth is that older cars are typically stolen more often. This is because people are holding on to their cars longer and older stolen cars can be sold for parts. If you are expecting your insurance premiums to go down because you have an older car think again! There are many other factors that come into play when determining your car insurance premium.
Luckily, if you are located in Cypress, TX, the experts at InsureUS are here to help. We are available to answer any questions you may have to get you on the path to understanding the truth about car insurance.
Mold can cause severe damage and time-consuming, costly repairs to your home. Save your time and money by addressing these suggestions to rid your house in the Cypress, TX area before it takes hold.
- Use a critical eye to eliminate unnecessary clutter, especially around airflow points that prevent your HVAC air circulation.
- Controlling your indoor climate by setting the thermostat at 78 degrees F to prevent the air conditioning unit from dehumidifying during humid summers.
- Make sure our AC unit is the proper size for your home. If it’s too small or large, it will not run efficiently and can lead to mold.
- When running the AC, shut windows and doors to prevent humidity in the air that leads to condensation and mold.
- Monitor the indoor humidity level in humid climates and keep it below 60 percent to prevent mold growth.
- If the humidity level regularly is above 60 percent, check your AC is working properly. For example, is the temperature correct, is it cycling periodically, does it blow cold air, and are the coils clean?
- Watch for standing water or dampness around sump pumps, freezers, hot water tanks, refrigerators, windows, and basement doors.
- If groundwater is an issue in your area, cover the crawl space floor with a plastic barrier to trap the moisture in the ground and keep moisture vapor from rising into the home.
- Consider using a dehumidifier if you have high humidity regularly.
At InsureUS in the Cypress, TX area, we understand how difficult it can be to fight indoor mold. We have a commitment to helping you keep your home safe and mold-free for your family, and help you ensure that you have the home insurance coverage necessary.
Bad driving habits can result in injuries to you as well as cause significant damage to your vehicle. The independent agents in Cypress, TX at InsureUS would like to inform you on ways you can stop bad driving habits in order to keep you and your vehicle in good condition.
Riding on “E”
Lately, gas prices have soared, so you want to wait until it’s absolutely necessary to fill up the tank. This may cost you more in the long run. By letting your tank completely empty before a refill, you’re risking damaging your fuel pump. You could also end up with residue or sediment in the gas tank. Any residue could clog the fuel injector and cause further engine issues.
Accelerating and Stopping too Fast
You may have the urge to speed off after the light changes, but doing this could damage your car. If you speed up and then stop quickly, this could also cause unnecessary car trouble. By revving the engine, you’re essentially burning more fuel than you need to. In addition, stopping hard can cause extreme wear on your braking system as well as burn the rubber on your tires.
Driving Without a Seatbelt
By simply wearing a seatbelt, you may be able to prevent a considerable amount of bodily injury. In a collision, your seatbelt is meant to keep you from crashing into the steering wheel and windshield. Although airbags are also a helpful preventative measure, they are designed to work in tandem with seatbelt in order to minimize impact to the driver and the passengers.
You can ask the independent agents at InsureUS other ways in which you can stop bad driving habits. They service the Cypress, TX area and can help you with your current or new auto insurance policies.
Being a home owner in Cypress, TX has its benefits. You want to be a responsible homeowner and this means shopping for home insurance. You don’t want the first policy offered to you. Instead, it’s best to make some comparisons. When you know more about why you should shop for home insurance, it will be easier to do it.
It might seem time consuming to shop home insurance in Cypress, TX. However, when you work with one of our agents at InsureUS, we will be able to help you find competitive premiums. This will ensure you have an affordable premium to enjoy through the year. Plus, you don’t have to do all the research with the individual insurance companies.
There are Many Options
There are more options than you might think with home insurance. This includes getting the coverage where you need it the most: your belongings, your home, and for liability. Not all insurance companies offer the same level of coverage. This is why it’s important to take the time to shop the various options so you have what you need.
You Need Financial Protection
Financial protection is a must when you’re a homeowner. Unfortunately, things happen all the time. You can’t predict if a storm is going to damage your roof or someone’s going to break into your home and steal all of your valuables. The reason for shopping home insurance is to get a good premium that you can rely on. When you have financial protection in place, it will make it easier to contact the insurance company to file a claim. They will then take care of you so that you don’t have to spend a fortune out of pocket.
Learn more about shopping for home insurance and to get help every step of the way by contacting InsureUS today.
The Lone Star state is a big place, and driving ever so popular. Texas mandates registration of auto insurance for all vehicle owners with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Traffic citations for driving without insurance in the state, can receive a fine of up to $350 for a first-time offense. The minimum level of auto insurance coverage is liability, to protect a driver from costs related to harm of another driver as result of an accident.
Required Auto Insurance Coverage
Depending on a driver’s record, and license classification, the minimum auto insurance carriage is liability. Drivers in Texas must have liability insurance to cover bodily injury and property damage at the minimum limits of:
- $25,000 property damage coverage per incident
- $30,000 liability for bodily injury per person
- $60,000 liability coverage for bodily injury per incident
Optional Auto Insurance Coverage
Before signing on to auto insurance coverage, drivers in Texas can supplement liability insurance with the following options:
- Auto rental
- Collision insurance
- Comprehensive insurance
- Customized parts replacement
- Medical expenses
- Personal injury protection (PIP)
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance (bodily injury)
- Uninsured motorist insurance (property damage)
- Towing and repair labor
When working with an insurance agent, get more value for money on a policy with a discount for driver affiliation membership, or good student driving record. Combined insurance agreements may also cover auto indemnity at a lower rate. Factors such as age, claim history, model of car, credit score, and prior driving history while insured may impact total insurance premium price. If a driver has been classified as a risk as result of DWIs or traffic citations on their record by the Texas State DMV, auto insurance premiums will be higher.
To find out more about auto insurance in Texas, and to obtain a quote, contact InsureUS in Cypress TX.
When winter hits in Cypress, TX, more auto accidents occur. This is because roads are slick from rain and ice, it gets dark earlier, affecting visibility, and more people are preoccupied with holiday thoughts in their heads. However, just because accidents are more likely to occur during this timeframe doesn’t mean you can’t do things to prevent them. Here are a few tips for avoiding car accidents this holiday season.
Stick to Routes You Are Familiar With
Believe it or not, but you are more likely to be involved in a car accident if you are driving on roads or routes you are not familiar with. As such, when you are out driving this holiday season, stick to roads that you are familiar with to avoid an accident.
Pull Your Emergency Brake if You Are Sliding on Ice
You can’t always avoid icy roads. But if your car starts to slip on a patch of ice, hitting quickly on the brakes can cause you to slide even more, which can cause an accident. Instead, pull up on the emergency brake to attempt to stop your car faster. Keep this tip in mind, so you don’t panic if this happens to you.
Never Drink and Drive
The last way to avoid car accidents this holiday season is never to drink and drive. While it may be legal to drive after having a drink or two, your reflexes are drastically slowed when you drink even a single drink. This can cause an accident to occur. Simply avoid drinking and driving to reduce the likelihood you will be in an auto accident.
Avoiding car accidents not only helps to keep you and your family safe, but it can help to keep your auto insurance premiums affordable. If you are looking to price out auto insurance policies, contact InsureUS, serving the Cypress, TX area today. We can help you with all of your auto insurance needs, regardless of whether you have accidents or not. Give us a call today to get started.
Although it seems to be one of the least considered types of insurance, purchasing a home insurance policy is vital to ensuring that you and your family maintain suitable living conditions over time. Do you live in Cypress, TX and need more information in regards to acquiring a policy? The following is a closer look at three reasons you need home insurance today.
Firstly, one of the reasons you should always maintain home insurance coverage is because accidents happen. Although we like to believe we will know when bad things are going to happen and will always be prepared, unfortunately, the opposite is most often true. However, by acquiring and maintaining suitable home insurance coverage, you won’t be caught off guard and unprotected in the event of a major accident.
Mortgage Loan Mandates
In addition to that, most mortgage companies mandate that the homeowner must maintain home assurance for the entirety of the loan. Therefore, by acquiring a quality home insurance policy from the very beginning, you will avoid any hiccups brought on by the need to provide proof of insurance to your mortgage company.
Lastly, the final reason to purchase a home insurance policy today is to protect your home against burglaries and theft. Although this will do nothing to stop the event from happening, this is one of the best ways to ensure you never lose substantial amounts of valuables that are stored within your home.
Overall, if you are looking for high-quality insurance in Cypress, TX, InsureUS is an excellent option. No matter if you are seeking home, auto, or any other type of insurance, InsureUS will provide you will competitive rates as well as excellent service.
Some people are lucky enough to live in climates where the weather stays mild all year long. If you live in a more turbulent environment, then you know all about the damage that weather can do to your home if you don’t take the right precautions. If you’ve gone through InsureUS and gotten a great policy, then you can rest assured that you’ll be covered should something happen. But, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as they say. You don’t want to stay in a hotel while repairs are done on your home, so here are a few things you’ll want to do to keep your home safe through the Fall:
- Trim any stray tree branches that may do some serious damage to your home
- Install the storm windows
- Winterize your pipes with heating tape or insulation
- Get your firewood supply up if you use a stove or a fireplace
- Check your propane levels if you use gas for heating or cooking
- Inspect your home for drafts and leaks and patch up accordingly
- Check your siding and make sure that it’s in good, stable condition
- Have your furnace inspected by an HVAC professional, you generally want to get a tune-up once a year, and Fall is a critical time
- Clean your humidifiers with a little white vinegar if it gets dry in the Fall where you live
- Prepare your outdoors: Close the pool, rake the leaves, put the Summer furniture away, etc.
You may or may not need to check off every item on this list, it depends on what the Fall is like in your area. But few climates demand no preparation for Fall whatsoever.