Mold can cause severe damage and time-consuming, costly repairs to your home. Save your time and money by addressing these suggestions to rid your house in the Cypress, TX area before it takes hold.
- Use a critical eye to eliminate unnecessary clutter, especially around airflow points that prevent your HVAC air circulation.
- Controlling your indoor climate by setting the thermostat at 78 degrees F to prevent the air conditioning unit from dehumidifying during humid summers.
- Make sure our AC unit is the proper size for your home. If it’s too small or large, it will not run efficiently and can lead to mold.
- When running the AC, shut windows and doors to prevent humidity in the air that leads to condensation and mold.
- Monitor the indoor humidity level in humid climates and keep it below 60 percent to prevent mold growth.
- If the humidity level regularly is above 60 percent, check your AC is working properly. For example, is the temperature correct, is it cycling periodically, does it blow cold air, and are the coils clean?
- Watch for standing water or dampness around sump pumps, freezers, hot water tanks, refrigerators, windows, and basement doors.
- If groundwater is an issue in your area, cover the crawl space floor with a plastic barrier to trap the moisture in the ground and keep moisture vapor from rising into the home.
- Consider using a dehumidifier if you have high humidity regularly.
At InsureUS in the Cypress, TX area, we understand how difficult it can be to fight indoor mold. We have a commitment to helping you keep your home safe and mold-free for your family, and help you ensure that you have the home insurance coverage necessary.